We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
Newchip is building a new Media Department and is seeking an individual in the role of Producer. The person in this role will be working directly with leadership, as together you’ll be blazing a trail and defining new processes and building an organization. This person will have a number of responsibilities, but the number one is to exemplify a “no quit, can do, get it done” mindset through excellent execution every day. This is a green field position, which means it has a lot of room for growth, but you also have to be ready to get your hands dirty, and you can’t be afraid of the unknown. You will be coming up with ideas, finding problems, and designing solutions. The defining qualities for this position are organization and vision. You will be taking in a lot of information. You will have to take that information, understand it, see what needs to be done, and put it together into a coherent set of requirements, with dependencies and a timeline. After you’ve executed that project successfully, you’ll then turn that plan into a system for repeatable, iterative, and scalable execution, so that others can follow in your footsteps. This is a position for someone that wants to make an impact. Someone that isn’t afraid of giving input and getting feedback. If you want to change the world, this is a great place to start. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
Tracking & Reporting
- Provide visibility and accountability on status in all areas
- Track project budgets and forecast costs
- Monitor team progress and maintain the backlog to be able to provide regular updates on status and risks as required
- Initiates/maintains communications and interactions with Leadership, internal and external teams, and Creative Teams
- Generates, organizes, and adheres to production schedules
- Creates specifications documents based on deliverable scope and definitions
- Determines resource requirements and engage third party vendors as necessary
- Evaluates, solicits bids from, and negotiates with vendors
- Develops estimates and monitors budgets based on campaign
- Plans and implements production of TV, radio, video, or digital content upon client approval of storyboards, scenarios, scripts, or other
- ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice, and health and safety laws where necessary
- Identify, establish and maintain industry best practices, and lead the team in executing them effectively, while maximizing the team’s creative output
- read, research, and assess ideas and finished scripts
- commission writers or secure the rights to written media
- hire key staff, including but not limited to a director and a crew to shoot programmes, films, videos, or live broadcasts
- Coordinate, control, and report internal and external resources to complete goals
- supervise the progress of the project from production through to post-production, and deliver the finished production on time and within budget.
- act as a sounding board for creators and leaders
- troubleshoot problems that arise during production
- Drive all phases of the product development cycle through release
- Works directly with consultants throughout process of production, meeting and adhering to established parameters
- Directs production workflow through pre-production meetings, casting, shooting, recording, editing, music, color correction, and final client approval
- Manages critical path milestones, evaluating risks and developing contingency plans
- QAs ALL final deliverables prior to launch, minimizing project risks
- Able to review and edit content delivered by the team and third-party contractors
- Proactively communicates issues and resolutions to team within the department
- Carries out any additional and unforeseen duties as required, ensuring the project's success
- Solid experience with digital technology
- In-depth understanding of the production process
- Familiarity with camera operation, sound systems and music editing
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to perform efficiently under pressure
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, the following subjects at degree or Post Grad level may increase your chances:
- communication and media studies
- film studies/filmmaking/film production
- information technology
- project management
- media production and broadcast production
- television production/film and television production.
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space