President & Senior Principal - Broker Dealer & RIA
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new investment marketplaces have opened up; these marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
Newchip Inc. is in the end stages of launching a new broker dealer located in Austin, TX, that would be devoted to utilizing our core technology to provide data, market news, investment tools, investing, secondary trading, and a social platforms to our market of retail, sophisticated and accredited investors. When we first surveyed our user-base to ask what they wanted to see from us they had a few core asks: the desire to source and make investments in startups and PE efficiently and affordably as low as $100 per investment utilizing our technology to cut through the noise to find exactly what they are looking for, the ability to invest in a robo-advisory based on their interest and preferences at a $100 a month, the ability to setup investment syndicates and clubs through our platform, and the ability to buy and trade private securities on a secondary market.
We want to empower our users, offer them more efficient access to invest, help lower investment barrier with education and make more efficient investment decisions. Newchip Capital and Advisor's long-term goal would not only serves US customers, but also provide services to global customers to help them achieve diversified asset allocation. Our mission is to build the future of investment for non-professional and retail investors online.
We are looking for a President to be the face of Newchip Capital, to build, and grow it into a new capital market and trading platform. Your team will work directly with investors that use our platform and act as their main point of contact throughout the investment process. You will be responsible for developing and building a world class team to and driving regulated revenue streams. This role is multifaceted: you will be responsible for evaluating market opportunities to provide the best experience to our investor user base, as well as building meaningful relationships with our partners and developing new relationships to drive revenue. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Participate in continuing to update the broker dealer business plan, participate in CMA application and FINRA communication, and run a start-up Broker Dealer (transaction/compliance/business management)
- Working with the management team to establish clearing relationships and SOP's
- Work with the Newchip Inc parent company in the development of technology, resources, and marketing to increase the revenue and capability of Newchip Capital and Advisors
- Maintain business relationship with clients, regulation organizations and industry organizations
- Work with legal counsel to develop required legal documents for new account, money movements and security movements
- Development of written supervisory and operational procedures
- Grow, train, and lead a cross functional startup team between Newchip Inc, Newchip Capital, and Newchip Advisors
- FINRA series 7, 63, 24 required
- 5+ years Broker-Dealer working experience required
- 2+ years in a principal and supervisory position experience required
- 3+ years in tech startups and/or FinTech required
- Online, portal, and finder broker dealer experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and works within a team environment
- Experience with mobile apps or fintech preferred
- Experience in technology development and compliance oversight preferred
- Partnership development and revenue stream management experience
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technology systems
- Proven ability to manage individual and professional development processes
- Please include your CRD# in your application if possible
- Bachelor's degrees in economics, finance, or entrepreneurship (MBA or graduate degree preferred)
- Understanding of securities regulations, and passion for venture sourcing and helping entrepreneurs/investors
- High level of professionalism, charisma, and presence with team and events
- Understanding of how startups work and able to provide coaching to your team
- Avid storyteller: facilitator of meaningful experiences for investors, able to help crafter and articulate investments
- Proficient in MS Office, GSuite, and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive), Slack, and BD tech stacks
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills (you've built and recruited A+ teams)
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space