We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Newchip is an investment aggregator and search engine for alternative investments such as Reg CF, Reg A+, and Reg D 506(c) that allows comparison of investments into startups across multiple industries. Think Kayak or Priceline for investments. We connect our users to investments based on their interest, preferences, and goals.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
We are looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product team. In this role, you will utilize your market research skills and product development acumen to make product launches successful, as well as provide projected costs to release the product on the market. Product Analysts work with both developers and users to implement new products, as well as utilize data and user feedback to suggest improvements. The most common duty of a Product Analyst is to utilize data analysis software to research market trends. As a Product Analyst, you will interview existing customers and/or potential users to get their feedback via conducting focus groups, individual interviews and usability tests as well as anonymous surveys. To be successful in this role, you will be responsible for studying the competition to see what is already on the market, and what upgrades can be introduced to create a better or more useful product. This roll is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Analyzing market opportunities and aligning with product plans
- Presenting new opportunities to the Product team and leadership
- Analyzing existing product’s performance based on financial and operational metrics
- Create daily reporting that gives the product team easy to understand insight into the health and pace of the product and individual features
- Build reports to track key metrics on user behavior and revenue
- Catch technical bugs using data
- Analyze impact of A/Bs and feature changes on key KPIs
- Highlight product gaps and inefficiencies
- Report monthly on changes in the product - improvements and declines
- Partner with the UX research team to gather quantitative data for research studies
- Minimum of 2 years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Love of data and the insights that it provides
- Ability to make data-driven decisions without succumbing to “analysis paralysis”
- The ability to conduct market research
- Excel savvy
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various stakeholders who may have competing interests
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills (communicate your insights)
- You quickly establish partnerships across various stakeholders
- Results driven, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to manage multiple assignments
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Proficient at Standard Query Language (SQL) skills
- Strong statistical foundations, is a plus
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space