Senior Product Manager
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Newchip is an investment aggregator and search engine for alternative investments such as Reg CF, Reg A+, and Reg D 506(c) that allows comparison of investments into startups across multiple industries. Think Kayak or Priceline for investments. We connect our users to investments based on their interest, preferences, and goals.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for capturing, collecting, and organizing the vision and ideas of our stakeholders while managing product organization and life cycle (ideation, prototyping, deployment) from beginning to end in an iterative fashion; always utilizing product management tools and product roadmaps with dates, deliverables, and timelines. Our goal is to deploy features fast, take feedback, make changes, and iterate. This will be the core of your job.You will work together with the Product team (Dev, Design, Marketing, and Executives) to track and manage cost to benefit ratios, focusing on crucial features in the product roadmap. The goal is to prioritize “low hanging fruit” with the highest ROI always. You will also be required to have an intimate understanding of both our product offerings from a financial standpoint as well as consumer standpoint. One of your major goals will be to ALWAYS seek to simplify where there is complexity and iterate until we remove as many obstacles as possible to help our users make investments. This roll is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Work with Product Team to on the strategic roadmap for your product area such as Web, iOS and Android.
- Collaborate with the cross functional Product Team to create great features and enhance the experience of users, maintain roadmap plan integration, and ensure the overall achievement of product objectives
- Work with the cross functional Product Team in recording and determining product vision, positioning, and direction
- Own the lifecycle of product development from ideation and wire-framing to essential building blocks like product requirements and coordinating timelines with designers and developers
- Work with engineers to communicate product requirements, make trade-offs where necessary for speed and agility, and oversee the product implementation and testing process.
- Coordinate with marketing to understand and influence go-to-market strategy and ensure the product and reporting platform support those plans
- Align product launch activities with marketing activities, monitoring and reporting on users reactions
- Work with the Product Team to cover competitor analysis, market analysis, business performance analysis, and other research information in relation to product market fit
- Organization and attention to detail. We can't stress this enough. You'll create systems that streamline everything across the team. You must be the person who doesn't let the balls drop and can communicate to ensure others don't either.
- Strong people skills. You'll be working with a lot of team members and customers; some are introverted. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, willing to share, and communicate effectively.
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Newchip. In other words, ability to create, be mentored, and also effectively use Google.
- Prioritize efficiently. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important to the company mission and priorities, and get those done.
- Learn quickly. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and we move fast. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of facts quickly; nobody likes answering the same question three times.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or Business Administration, the equivalent in experience, or related discipline required.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Product Manager, or equivalent. Fintech background preferred.
- Experience in building and managing app-based/mobile products (understanding of app-based product KPI's and how to grow them).
- Strong startup experience-- ability to handle chaos and devoted to Newchip's revenue growth.
- Successful track record of taking apps/software from 0-100K users and $1mil in revenue.
- Experience at top ranked consumer app companies, e-commerce, or platforms is a plus.
- Consumer-centric: strong customer insights and sensibilities, experience building user experience flows that are sticky and users LOVE!
- Data driven decision maker with deep experience leveraging data and analytics in an organized fashion.
- Experience writing product requirements and functional requirements for mobile and web products. This includes experience developing wireframes.
- Ability to work with large teams, managing competing interest and multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with market research, consumers’ behavior and marketing techniques
- Experience managing the entire product lifecycle
- Experience using project management tools like Slack, Jira, and Trello.
- Experience using wireframe and prototype tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- Strong personal/financial background, knowledge and interest in the investment and finance industry; as well as, a passion for crowdfunding, democratization of finance is a PLUS.
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space