Senior UX Designer
This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
As Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for solving user experience problems and creating engaging experiences across our products. You'll oversee product vision from a high level (how does this features design make sense for where we want to be in 3 months, 6 months, 2 years) to the execution level (how does the styling of this button impact how the user flows through this function, and how do we ensure our users know how to engage our product).
Our ideal candidate has strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to work with customers to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors, and then translate them into interfaces. You must also have experience in creating information architecture and solving complex workflows for a variety of customer audiences.
Over time, your success will be measured by two key metrics:
- User conversion rates, engagement, and retention.
- The success of new features we launch.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
You’ll be working closely with the founders as we rapidly grow, deploy new technologies, and all of the birthing pains that come with it. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Contribute to all aspects of mobile and web design from paper and digital prototyping, to initial concepts, wireframes, and pixel perfect comps.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including the executives, product managers, developers, QA, and marketing to gather and evaluate customer experiences.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, etc.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality and aesthetics.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Create designs that adhere to Newchip brand standards and style guides while leveraging best practices, industry trends, and inspirational works.
- Ensure designs move gracefully between platforms, adjusting solutions as needed from platform to platform, understanding and working within resource constraints.
- Follow designs through their entire lifecycle: from wire-framing, prototyping, testing, full fidelity conception, and quality assurance, always ensuring designs are built to spec and pass user testing.
- Manage work to strategy, scope and deadlines in fast-paced environment, against shifting priorities.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience designing products for web, mobile web, and smartphone applications; iterative design experience is a must have.
- Proficient to expert level mastery of Sketch, Invision or similar, and Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Figma, among others.
- Ability to develop and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Strong understanding of modern web and mobile best practices, with a hunger to learn and always looking for the latest trends, reports, and data.
- Ability work with product team on concepts that address business needs, prototype possible solutions, and perform user centric tests to validate the best approach.
- Ability to rapidly execute compelling visual designs and high-fidelity mockups, with strong attention to pixel-level detail and usage of our library of design patterns consistent with the brand.
- Experience working across multiple platforms (Android, iOS, mobile web, desktop) with ability to deliver consistent experiences across multiple touch points.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Preferred skills:
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space