Director/Vice President (VP) of Operations
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Newchip is a meta-search engine marketplace to find and compare investments in startups, real estate, robo-advisors, funds, and cryptocurrencies. Our technology consolidates investment opportunities from hundreds of platforms into a single easy-to-use marketplace-- think Kayak or Priceline for investing online. We connect our users to investments based on their interests, preferences, and goals via machine learning algorithms.
We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for our next rockstar team member. We recently ranked in the Top 50 Global Startups of 2017 by G-Startups Worldwide, Top 100 VC Backed Startups by Crunchbase, have closed $2M in seed funding, and are continuing to scale and build out our team.
If you're looking to make a difference in the world, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and grow exponentially as an individual and in the company.
Checkout a quick video intro on us here:
As Director/VP of Operations, you will be responsible for organizing and overseeing daily operations in our company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by recruiting, coaching/employee development/training, managing procedures, and helping establish the culture and vision of our founders.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes from both a strategic and execution standpoint. The ideal candidate must be able to plan many different kinds of operational activities, working internally with teams to develop processes, and externally with partners. You must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. You will oversee all personnel-related matters and ensure we are utilizing our resources efficiently. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in senior operational roles and good knowledge of operational and HR software. Ultimately, you will ensure departments operate efficiently and align with our business objectives.
Over time, your success will be measured by three key metrics:
- Your ability to identify business needs, train internally, and or attract and hire A+ players to fill those needs.
- Development of, implementation, and overall effectiveness of hiring, finance, and HR processes.
- Research and understanding of comparative market compensation for hiring and employee satisfaction/retention.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
You’ll be working closely with the founders as we rapidly grow, deploy new technologies, and all of the birthing pains that come with it. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
This position will be the pillar stone in the stages of building a larger team to match Newchip's rapid growth as one of the first 10 hires in the company. This role reports to the CEO.
Full time salary ranges between $90,000-$130,000 + equity stock grant on a 4 year vesting schedule. Offers and stock awards will be based on candidate experience on a case by case basis. This role is full time only. No contractors or part time.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and most importantly provide returns for their investors.
New regulatory changes enacted in the last year are enabling everyday people around the world to invest in what they believe in. We are helping take back control from the venture capitalist and Wall Street, putting it back into the hands of the masses for the first time in over 100 years.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money.The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
- Hungry, humble, and a desire to do great things together
- Comfortable working with founders and receiving feedback
- Desire to establish a career + entrepreneurial/startup mindset
- Seeks responsibility and understands the need for mentorship
- Comfortable filling multiple hats/roles + fast pace growth with company
- Coordinate with founders to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure effective progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Lead projects like compensation plans revisions and employee manual revisions
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Design effective company policies and procedures with founders
- Work with counsel to review and update employment contracts and agreements
- Prepare and work with departments on budgets each quarter
- Research and track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Manage internal communication projects (like job satisfaction surveys/employee reviews)
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Director of Operations > VP Operations > Chief Operating Officer
- Potential to grow and evolve into additional or separate roles based on passion, drive, and skill
- Experience in seed-stage technology startups from 0-50 employees/Seed to Series A or later (this role requires strong tech startup experience- small businesses will not be considered- preference to FinTech)
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- High level of competency with MS Office, excel and business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools (Quickbooks, Zenefits, etc)
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Working knowledge of labor legislation + must keep company up to date and compliant
- Ability to lead people - not looking for a "manager", we only hire leaders
- Ability to work well with people that disagree with you- you know charisma and "soft skills"
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training and career development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
- More to come with your help!
We're looking forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the recruitment process!
P.S. We have a strict application process and ask that ALL APPLICANTS follow the guidelines set above and apply through Workable or integrated job posts (like LinkedIn). Any applications through other mediums will be disqualified.