Venture - Capital Markets Associate
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new investment marketplaces have opened up; these marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
We are looking for a Venture Associate to be the face of Newchip for our investors. You will work directly with investors and founders that use our platform and act as their main point of contact throughout the investment process. Venture Associates will need to be hyper-aware about Newchip's available startups, searching for new potential startups, and will constantly look for opportunities to give these startups exposure to potential investors, customers, VIP's and partners.
You will be responsible for developing a keen understanding of all investment deals on Newchip and work with our sales and marketing teams to match our investor user base with investment opportunities. Essentially, this role is multifaceted: you will be responsible for evaluating Newchip's investment opportunities to provide a concierge experience to our investor user base, as well as building meaningful relationships with other venture capital partners, accelerators and VIP's to learn and source other potential investment opportunities. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
We are looking for someone:
• With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and Newchip
• That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
• With a desire to take ownership of work
• That has strong critical thinking skills
• With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
• With a strong bias for action • With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
• That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
You'll be expected to be very, very good at:
• Generating leads for new investment opportunities
• Building and maintaining relations with startup founders and management teams
• Executing on cold outreach and educating startups about Newchip
• Exploring startups and build a deep understanding relevant investment sectors
• Performing preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
• Presenting investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Provide investor support and resolve investor-related issues in a timely manner
- Give investors the 'concierge experience' by staying proactive and learning about their portfolio and investment interests
- Grow our investor base by engaging investors through different contact channels and asking for referrals on a regular basis
- Constantly monitoring new startup investments on Newchip to create reports for our investors
- Always meeting and evaluating new startups, accelerators, and VC's in our ecosystem and externally
- Handle multiple inbound investor support requests a day
- Explain and help our investors understand financial and regulatory terms
- Actively and effectively communicate investor feedback to relevant teams
- BA/BS degree degree in economics, finance, or entrepreneurship
- Minimum of 3-4 years of direct experience in an investor relations, customer success, venture capital, investment banking, consulting, sales, and/or PE/VC.
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Experience managing complex projects, timelines, campaigns, product launches, or deals (whether at an investment bank, advertising agency, design firm, or another project based environment)
- Prior experience with fundraising and/or client management
- Technology background and/or interest
- FINRA Series 7, 82 and 63, or ability to receive certification within 90 days of hire
- Understanding of securities regulations, and passion for venture sourcing
- High level of professionalism, pro-active demeanor, and strong presence and charisma
- Understanding of how startups work and able to provide helpful suggestions to your team
- Avid storyteller and salesmanship: you will be a facilitator and converyor of meaningful experiences for investors
- Proficient in MS Office, GSuite, and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive)
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space