HR & Onboarding Administrator
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
We are looking for an HR & Onboarding Administrator to support our Operations department. You will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners, as well as oversee the procedures our company follows before and after hiring new employees. Your main HR & Onboarding administrative duties include: scheduling new hires’ training, creating company policies, maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records and on-boarding guides) and updating internal databases. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with HR procedures and able to juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner. Ultimately, you will ensure our hires get a warm welcome and experience smooth on-boarding to their new roles, while ensuring our HR department runs smoothly while conforming to labor laws. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Organize and maintain physical and digital personnel records
- Update internal databases
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Answer employees queries about HR-related issues
- Keep our employee handbook updated
- Assist in drafting, publishing, and removing our job postings
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Schedule and oversee company HR training sessions
- Prepare onboarding kits (e.g. stationary, T-shirts and mugs)
- Communicate with new hires before their start date to provide necessary information (e.g. work schedules and contract details)
- Organize orientation programs (first day, first week, first month and first quarter) and coordinate company presentations and product demos
- Ensure new hires have technical assistance to properly set up their hardware and software
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an HR Administrator, HR Administrative Assistant or relevant role
- Thorough experience using spreadsheets
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications and Google Drive, in particular)
- Great knowledge of labor laws
- Great understanding of payroll procedures
- Familiarity with employment paperwork
- Confidentiality and work ethic
- Team spirit
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills
- BS in Human Resources or relevant field
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space