Venture Sales Representative
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
We’re looking for a competitive, results-driven Venture Sales Representative to actively seek out, attract, and engage business customer prospects, while developing effective sales strategies. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales (funnel) process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills and charisma. You will be responsible for the sourcing of new sales opportunities and the closing of sales to achieve quotas. As a Sales Representative, you will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of Newchip's product and services. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation, sales commissions, benefits, and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Achieve agreed upon personal and team sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Generating leads; research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling, linkedin messaging, and social media engagement
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Understanding and promoting company programs and initiatives with upsells
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Understanding of payment processing technology for obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching
- 2-3 years of direct sales experience is a must
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and "owns" networking events
- Deep understanding of the sales funnel and its dynamics
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and GDrive
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space