Venture Scout - Sales Representatives & Sales Executives
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
We provide the most promising startups and early stage companies with all of the tools and skills necessary to fundraise, build, and scale their businesses successfully. We helped fund over $20M into companies in 2018 and we're looking for the team to help us hit $100M in 2019.
We’re looking for competitive, results-driven team members. Your job will be to actively reach out to, attract, engage, and close deals with startups and early-to-mid stage company prospects into either our business accelerator or pre-accelerator program. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales and biz-dev (funnel) process and dynamics from lead to close, as well as superb interpersonal skills and charisma. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers base and commission roles, as well as commission only roles, plus benefits, and success incentives.
Culture Fit Requirements:
A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world - remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success.
Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, able to be humble, trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job- we're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place on our team.
Hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision- able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
Most importantly, this isn't just a sales job. We don't do "sales" here and we don't sell products. We close deals and partner with companies to help them succeed.
- Achieve agreed upon personal and team sales targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule
- Reach out to prospect leads through email, LinkedIn messaging, and direct calls
- Qualify leads, research accounts, and generate, or follow through sales leads
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Understanding and promoting company programs and initiatives with up-sells
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Understanding of payment processing technology for obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in the market
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team
- Provide management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- 2-3 years of direct sales experience is a must requirement
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and "owns" networking events
- Deep understanding of the sales funnel and their dynamics
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service and delivering quality products
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Linkedin Navigator, CRM Tools, GDrive
- Preference going to Close.io, Pipedrive, Salesforce, as well as basic automation tools
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Competitive startup salary + equity stock grants
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space