Director/VP of Marketing
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
As the Director/VP of Marketing your responsibilities will include developing and executing the marketing strategy for areas across the company with it's executives, including Enterprise, PR, Product, Sales, and Growth. You will define cohesive messaging and branding, drive marketing strategy, and create top-notch marketing collateral. You will also own the marketing strategy and messaging across Newchip's website, iOS, and Android platforms. This position will be the pillar stone in the stages of building a marketing team to match Newchip's rapid growth. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment to develop and execute marketing strategy across Enterprise, Product, PR, Sales, and Growth.
- Must be a user acquisition black belt. You will oversee planning and execution of user acquisition efforts, across all channels (social, email, display, etc). Growth hacker mindset preferred!
- Must be a conversion and retention expert. You will oversee planning and execution of user retention and conversion efforts, across all channels (push notifications, social, email marketing, automation, etc)
- Develop the processes, strategies, and quality standards needed to execute and scale the production of world-class case studies, white papers, client stories, videos, and more.
- Work with our designers, copywriters, and developers to deliver perfect marketing campaigns, landing pages, and other tangible deliverables.
- Define world-class quality standards for all Newchip marketing materials and ensure that all deliverables meet these standards.
- Develop marketing strategy and messaging standards across each of Newchip's target audiences and forms of collateral.
- Be a pillar step in establishing the foundation for a high-performing marketing team to scale to match Newchip's rapid growth.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype, Slack, Email, Phone, etc.
Important skills we look for:
- Organization and attention to detail. We can't stress this enough. You'll help create systems that streamline everything across the team. You must be the person who doesn't let the balls drop and can communicate to ensure others don't either.
- Strong people skills. You'll be working with a lot of team members and customers; some will be introverted, and partners will be busy- you may have to follow up continually. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, willing to share, and communicate effectively.
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Newchip overall. In other words, ability to create, be mentored, and also effectively "Google".
- Prioritize efficiently. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important to the company mission and priorities, and get those done.
- Learn quickly. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and we move fast. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of facts quickly
- Mimimum of 3 years of mobile app marketing experience to include strong background in mobile install acquisition, conversion, retention, and worked with apps with traction of 100K users or $1M in revenue or more.
- Minimum of 5 years in marketing leadership roles and proven track record in recruiting, building, and leading world class marketing teams to include direct experience developing and executing marketing strategy.
- Experience creating enterprise case studies, white papers, and client stories is preferred.
- Experience delivering marketing materials for B2B professional services is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality in marketing collateral and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing collateral and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing marketing function that scales with Newchip over time.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Newchip. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space