We're looking for driven individuals that want to change the world. If you're looking for “just a job”, this isn't the team for you.
Newchip is a meta-search engine marketplace for everyday Americans to find, compare, and affordably invest in startups, real estate, robo-advisors, and funds for as low as $100. Our technology consolidates investment opportunities from hundreds of platforms into a single easy-to-use marketplace-- think Kayak or Priceline for investing online-- but connecting you to investments based on your interests, preferences, and goals via machine learning.
We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for our next rockstar team member. We recently ranked in the Top 50 Global Startups of 2017 by G-Startups Worldwide, Top 100 VC Backed Startups by Crunchbase, have closed $2M in seed funding, and are continuing to scale and build out our team.
If you're looking to make a difference in the world, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and grow exponentially as an individual and in the company.
Checkout a quick video intro on us here:
As an Office Coordinator/Assistant, you will be responsible for handling executive and clerical tasks in our office. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands for our leadership team.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job. We're looking for candidates looking to break into the start up scene with this position as your first stepping stone.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
Full time salary ranges between $35,000-$60,000 + equity stock grant on a 4 year vesting schedule. Offers and stock awards will be based on candidate experience on a case by case basis. This role is full time only. No contractors or part time.
- Hungry, humble, and a desire to do great things together
- Comfortable working with founders and receiving feedback
- Desire to establish a career + entrepreneurial/startup mindset
- Seeks responsibility and understands the need for mentorship
- Comfortable filling multiple hats/roles + fast pace growth with company
- Path 1- Office Coordinator/Assistant > Office Manager > Director of Operations > VP Operations > Chief Operational Officer
- Path 2- Office Coordinator/Assistant > Executive Assistant > Executive Operations Manager > Chief of Staff
- Organization and attention to detail. We can't stress this enough. You must be the person who doesn't let the balls drop and can communicate to ensure others don't either
- Strong people skills. You'll be working with a lot of team members and customers; some are introverted. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, willing to share, and communicate effectively
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Newchip. In other words, ability to create, be mentored, and also effectively "Google"
- Prioritize efficiently. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important to the company mission and priorities, and get those done
- Learn quickly. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and we move fast. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of facts quickly; nobody likes answering the same question three times
- Proven administrative and clerical experience in high stress and/or startup environments
- Basic knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like MixMax and Boomerang
- Familiarity with task and team management tools like: Slack, Jira, Wrike, and Trello
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, email and folder management proficiency is a must
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable and quick to learn but also creative mind and ability to research and suggest improvements
- Excellent route memory but always taking notes regardless as not to drop the ball on task
- Scheduling and managing (external and internal) meetings and appointments
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and on-boarding process for new hires
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, business trips, conferences, parties, and celebrations
- Work directly with executives in processing fundraising, financial, and legal paperwork
- Organizing team and marketing events: team lunches, hackathons at the office, open office, etc
- Organize office operations and procedures with HR and the COO, updating and maintaining policies as necessary
- Manage office G&A budget as well as team ordering benefits, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Manage inventory orders for equipment, Instacart, Amazon, and supplies for each department
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
- Welcome swag + massage + meditation room + more!
Want to stand out? Provide a cover letter on why you want to work with Newchip, a portfolio of previous work and samples, and a link to your LinkedIn via email to [email protected] Video intro cover letters are a plus!!