Director of Product Design
We're looking for the crazy ones that are looking to change the world.
If you're just looking for a job, don't bother.
Over 200 million Americans can now invest in startups and there are 100+ platforms in the U.S. alone. We're the Kayak of the industry, consolidating investment opportunities from across the nation into a single easy to use marketplace. We then connect users to investment opportunities using machine learning based on their interest, preferences, and goals. Have you ever watched Shark Tank and wanted to invest in those types of companies? Now you can for as low as $100. Newchip is going to change how millennials invest and we're going to change the world through entrepreneurism. We've built a veteran team with decades of experience and we're looking to expand. If you're looking to make a difference in the world and do something great, we're here to provide mentorship, experienced leadership, and longterm growth potential.
We're looking for a rockstar junior designer to sketch wireframes and design beautiful mockups along with a UX designer and copywriter, to then implement with our development team. No coding required. Your job will be to make sure that every page and every step a user will experience in their interaction with the finished product will conform to the overall vision of our user-centered design approach. Salary based on skills and experience. Please include a link to your portfolio.
Salary range starting at $60,000-$80,000 with options for full-time based on experience. Part time and contractor available.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Two or more years of experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Preferred skills, but open to candidates without:
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Free Food & Snacks
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Stock Option Plan
- Stipend for Training & Development
- Monthly Investment Stipend