Director of Business Development
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Newchip is an investment aggregator and search engine for alternative investments such as Reg CF, Reg A+, and Reg D 506(c) that allows comparison of investments into startups across multiple industries. Think Kayak or Priceline for investments. We connect our users to investments based on their interest, preferences, and goals.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for developing and building strategic relationships with new and current partners. You will develop and execute strategies that effectively engage with strategic partners; managing the relationship funnel from beginning to end to increase sales, communicate the value of the Newchip platform, and educate partners on the value of Newchip's products and services.
Over time, your success will be measured by three key metrics:
- How many clients/platforms are active on the mobile app and website (ie- how many platforms we list month over month)
- How many clients/platforms are integrated/utilize our product services (ie- number and percent of platforms that become customers)
- The lifetime value (LTV) of each client/platform (-ie how much revenue are we producing from each partner)
This roll is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Strategically collaborate with the Sales team to build out and develop a business development process
- Contact and build relationships with potential partners through cold calls, linkedin, and emails
- Present our company to potential partners- intimately understanding their needs and our value proposition
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services to fill those needs
- Customize and develop product solutions with product team to increase partner satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with Newchip and it's client network
- Proactively seek quality new business opportunities in the market to bring in additional revenue
- Schedule monthly presentations, meetings, and calls with partners to build relationships
- Create a "concierge" type experience for partners, we're not looking for automation, we want relationships
- Work with and report weekly/monthly/quarterly results to management
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services, pricing/payment plans, and partners
Important skills we look for:
- Organization and attention to detail. We can't stress this enough. You'll help create systems that streamline everything across the team. You must be the person who doesn't let the balls drop and can communicate to ensure others don't either.
- Strong people skills. You'll be working with a lot of team members and customers; some will be introverted, and partners will be busy- you may have to follow up continually. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, willing to share, and communicate effectively.
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Newchip overall. In other words, ability to create, be mentored, and also effectively "Google".
- Prioritize efficiently. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important to the company mission and priorities, and get those done.
- Learn quickly. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and we move fast. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of facts quickly.
- Proven work experience in Business Development- Sales Account Executive or similar roles
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales and sales funnel techniques- (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving quotas and most importantly maintaining client relationships
- Intimate knowledge of the industry, our partners, and Newchip
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive)
- Proficiency with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to partners and management
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like MixMax and Boomerang
- Familiarity with task management tools, like Slack, Jira, and Trello
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space