Copywriter & Content Manager
We're looking for the crazy ones that want to change the world. If you're just looking for a job, this isn't for you.
Newchip is an investment aggregator and search engine for alternative investments such as Reg CF, Reg A+, and Reg D 506(c) that allows comparison of investments into startups across multiple industries. Think Kayak or Priceline for investments. We connect our users to investments based on their interest, preferences, and goals.
Entrepreneurism is the #1 global factor for improving social mobility, creating jobs, improving access to education and healthcare. Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the world with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was passed on April 5th 2012, as bipartisan support of entrepreneurship and small business growth. It is designed to encourage small business and startup funding by easing federal regulations and allowing individuals of many different economic backgrounds, to become investors. As impact goes, it was one of the largest changes to the business financing environment in over 75 years.
Since the passing of the JOBS Act, new marketplaces have opened up that act as the Broker Dealer, or funding platform. These marketplaces are some of the most important online equity creators for startups and small business owners, as they act as the means by which accredited and non-accredited investors alike, invest in startups and small businesses that need capital to grow out their business, operations, or product.
According to Crowdnetic, a crowdfunding and marketplace lending researcher, more than 6,000 U.S. companies have raised a total of nearly $1.4 billion in investor capital using these mediums since 2013. These numbers do tell: the JOBS Act opened up dried up capital for American dreamers and is allowing the crowd to decide which ideas work and which don’t.
We're at the precipice of a major global change in how people invest, how they interact with financial institutions, and manage their money. The U.S. industry alone is projected to have a global market cap of one hundred billion dollars by 2025. Newchip is perfectly positioned to gain a large piece of the market and we're building a team to go all the way with us to achieve it.
Newchip video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zMfS9jNDs.
JOBS Act SEC website: https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/jobs-act.shtml.
We're looking for a rockstar copywriter and content manager to work closely with our executives, marketing team, designers and developers to establish a synchronous message across communications channels while continuing to develop the companies core message. Salary based on skills and experience. Please include a link to your portfolio. This roll is full time only, no contractors or part-time. Newchip offers market-based compensation and incentives.
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We are rapidly growing and deploying new technologies. We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. Building a multi-platform marketplace is a complex operation, with lots of cross functional minor details and tasks to track. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Write clear, concise, and persuasive copy for Newchip's advertisements, videos, blog-post, PR releases, and other communication channels.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by executive team.
- Monitor and change advertising campaigns with marketing team to increase effectiveness.
- Determine and utilize copy that makes products appealing to consumers in our market.
- Develop unique and new concepts with our team to refine the brand.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop and produce effective advertising campaigns from beginning to completion.
- Create and present content storyboards for content channels.
- Perform search engine optimization research and techniques in relation to copy.
- Become well versed in the technical language of our industry and distill it for the average American.
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends, influencers, and potential pivot points.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a Copywriter, or related job title.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Hands-on experience working with teams to create campaigns that drove user acquisition, and the data to defend.
- Problem-solving and creative mindset.
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it, as well as responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Ability to work and thrive within tight deadlines.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space